Learning Plans

Learning Plans

par Shawn Bullivant,
Nombre de réponses : 9

Does anyone know how to add multiple (all) competencies from a framework to a learning plan? I have 1080 and I don't want to have to click on each one and submit!

Thanks

Moyenne des évaluations  -
En réponse à Shawn Bullivant

Re: Learning Plans

par AL Rachels,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Plugin developers Avatar Testers

Hi Shawn,

If you ever do discover a really fast and simple way, please post it back here, but have worked out a way so that it goes fairly quickly.

1. Get to the point where you have the Competency picker onscreen.
  2. Select which Competency you want to use from the Competency framework drop down menu.
  3. Starting with the LAST competency, click the triangle so that it opens. (Starting with the last one will save a BUNCH of scrolling.)
  4. Work your way up, clicking EVERY triangle so that it opens.
  5. Once you have EVERY line of the competency open, Click on the FIRST line to select it.
  6. Scroll to the bottom of the list, hold down the SHIFT key and click on the LAST line. This will actually cause ALL lines of the competency to be selected.
  7. Click on the Add button and then site back and be PATIENT as the speed of your server will determine how quickly you will see results.
  8. There will NOT be a progress indicator, but eventually, you will have all 1080 competencies added to the learning template.
Moyenne des évaluations Useful (3)
En réponse à AL Rachels

par Ken Task,
Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers

@ AL

Do you happen to know if there is any (offficial or un-official) framework data one might be able to import to a Moodle system?  For example, a framework for basic/beginning computing.

Thanks,, in advance, Ken

En réponse à Ken Task

par AL Rachels,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Plugin developers Avatar Testers

Hi Ken,

I have a bunch I have been experimenting with and specifically, have 4 Alabama Information Technology ones I created, K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Rather than try to guess which ones might be of interest, I will give you access to to my dev site so you can pick and choose. Info will be in a Moodle message.

Moyenne des évaluations Useful (1)
En réponse à AL Rachels

par Mary Cooch,
Avatar Documentation writers Avatar Moodle HQ Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Testers Avatar Translators

Al if you have any you are able to share with the community on Moodle.net , that would be very much appreciated too. https://moodle.net/mod/data/view.php?id=27

En réponse à Mary Cooch

par AL Rachels,

Hi Mary,

It's one of those things I keep meaning to do, but I keep getting distracted by  other "projects" and "retired life" like today's semi-annual family cemetery trek.

I'll try to add some today.

En réponse à AL Rachels

par Shawn Bullivant,

Al really appreciate it. 

It took me all of 3 seconds. 

I clicked the framework and all my competencies are listed below, i simply clicked the first one then then holding shift clicked the last one. This highlighted them all and then simply add!

Thank you. 

En réponse à Shawn Bullivant

par AL Rachels,

Hi Shawn,

Glad to hear that it worked for you. I generally have so many levels that I have to "play" with the triangles and make sure they are turned so the level is visible or it doesn't get added to the Learning Plan.

En réponse à AL Rachels

par Damyon Wiese,

You can use * to expand all the branches in the tree at once. (First click to select any node and then press *). I think it has to be *  - not shift 8.

Moyenne des évaluations Useful (1)
En réponse à Damyon Wiese

par AL Rachels,

Hi Damyon,

Thanks so much for the * tip. Saves a BUNCH of time and eliminates the possibility of missing a branch. I just tested and both shift 8 and * on the keypad both worked.