Calendar import error

Calendar import error

by g k -
Number of replies: 2

I imported a calendar (that supports iCal) using a url from another website calendar into Moodle.   (https://ical.echalk.com/G9bzV7E5-FeI-TV0-7BcdVtDOeqzeOgAL1v4HITFvKI1)  Using the url, the calendar events import into Moodle (3.2), but the dates are off by one day consistently.  

Thinking that the source data from the url itself might have errors, I imported this calendar into my Google calendar using the same url. Everything imports perfectly. Using the same url, I imported the calendar into my computer (Mac) calendar. Everything imports fine.  

I am not sure why it does not import into Moodle without error......

Average of ratings: -
In reply to g k

Re: Calendar import error

by Stuart Mealor -

I think the thing to do is verify the server time on the remote server, your Moodle server (likely set in PHP) and the time zone  in Moodle site and your Profile.

It's likely one of these is incorrect.  I have seen Moodle forums where I could post a Reply that showed as earlier than the original post - because I am in New Zealand and it's the first time zone wink

In reply to Stuart Mealor

Re: Calendar import error

by g k -

Hi. Thanks for your help! What is the difference between the server time on the remote server and my Moodle server? This seems like the same thing to me.