Linking to a Page in a Moodle Quiz activity

Linking to a Page in a Moodle Quiz activity

by Fahima MO -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Gordon, 

I have a quiz and in this quiz you can have several attempt on it, my problem is: there is a page that have 4 section which user can select one part and go directly on that part of quiz. but after the first attempt, the url adress will change . and it goes to error page. is there any way to fix?

forexample:

.../mod/quiz/attempt.php?attempt=120&page=3      changed to 

.../mod/quiz/attempt.php?attempt=122&page=3

any Idea? 

thanks

Fahima

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fahima MO

Re: Linking to a Page in a Moodle Quiz activity

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Fahima,
The Quiz module has its own navigation menu, so I suggest you use that.

If you want a more thorough and knowledgable response, I suggest you ask over on the forum for the Quiz module.

Best regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I've moved this discussion to the Quiz forum as suggested by Gordon so the conversation may be continued over there, as it relates to the Moodle Quiz.

In reply to Fahima MO

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Try taking the attempt number part out of the url and see if that works...

In reply to Fahima MO

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You can use a URL like https://learn3.open.ac.uk/mod/quiz/startattempt.php?cmid=28756&page=5&sesskey=upU2PfXNSu, but the sesskey bit is required (since starting a quiz attempt is an irreversible action, even though in your case it is likely to continue an existing attempt) so this does not help much.

It might be nice to make this possible, because there are cases when it would be good to encoruage the student to attempt the quiz a bit at a time, as the study the related sections of the teaching material. However, this would require an enhancement to the quiz module.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)