Versions in Plugins database | descriptions and Versions tab differ

Versions in Plugins database | descriptions and Versions tab differ

by Derek Chirnside -
Number of replies: 2

This is a random choice (below) where the release information shown does not match the information behind the versions tab.

For Moodle 3.0 (description tab) and version 3.2 (versions tab)

From https://moodle.org/plugins/format_masonry

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Chirnside

Re: Versions in Plugins database | descriptions and Versions tab differ

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Derek,

In fact, Plugins database adapts the content to you : i suppose that you're identified, and using Moodle 3.0, so it shows you information about the version compatible with your Moodle.

I'm using Moodle 3.1, and it shows me the version 3.2 (of the plugin), compatible with Moodle 3.1.

And when you check versions, it shows all versions.

Séverin

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Derek Chirnside

Re: Versions in Plugins database | descriptions and Versions tab differ

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Séverin is right. On the plugin front page, you are presented with a Download / Install button that matches your Moodle version. The Plugins directory picks the latest plugin version that declares support for your Moodle version. If there is no matching version found, no button is displayed and you have to go to the Versions tab and pick one youself.

To change your Moodle version, use the selector at the top right block area (see screenshot attached).

Screenshot of Your Moodle selector

Average of ratings: Useful (1)