Coloured themes in Moodle 3.2

Coloured themes in Moodle 3.2

by Sue Moss -
Number of replies: 3

Please help.  I've just updated Moodle to Moodle 3.2 (Build: 20161205)

I've been using the planet based themes: (Venus, version: 2013030402, Saturn, version: 2013051403, Jupiter, version: 2013030402) as some of our dyslexic staff and students prefer these colours over the plain themes and using the accessibility block colours (which are only one colour blue, one colour yellow, and black rather than shades of pink, shades of orange and shades of yellow). 

Unfortunately they no longer show in the theme selector and if a user had them as their preferred theme it has changed them to the default theme.  If they try to go back and change their theme they just see a list where the saturn, jupiter and venus names have been renamed to clean and they just load the clean theme. 

I know these particular plugins are old and I guess I've been lucky to have them working up to Moodle version 3.1, but I would love to know if there is anything I can do to get these working again in 3.2. 

Alternatively, I know I can change the colours of the Adaptable theme to get the colours for one, but once I have done this how do I copy it and install it as 2 separate themes in order to get the 3 separately named themes and colours?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sue Moss

Re: Coloured themes in Moodle 3.2

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sue, 

If I am not mistaken the the Planet themes are all based on Base theme. Base theme is nolonger in Moodle 3.2 so you will need to add Base theme manually, but also without checking, you may require Canvas theme too. The good news is that both these themes are in the Plugins database and ready to install should you want to.

There is a built- in installer in your Administration block via Site Administration > Plugins > Install plugins

All you need to do is make sure is that you are logged into Moodle.org before selecting the option to Install Plugins from the Plugins repository.

Hope this help.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Coloured themes in Moodle 3.2

by Sue Moss -

Thank you sooooo much, this appears to have worked big grin