mobile app icon is missing

mobile app icon is missing

by Yezi Yang -
Number of replies: 4

It is very nice to see the latest version of Moodle mobile have many new features. I am developing the Moodle mobile 3.2.0 for my institution. However, I meet a problem that the mobile app does not have an icon when I convert it in Phonegap Build from Github. But it is converted successfully and can be downloaded and used in mobile devices.

I have successfully developed and converted Moodle mobile app using the way described above for many versions' Moodle mobile app. I really do not know what goes wrong this time. Below is the way I converted the app. I would be quite grateful if some one can help me solve the problem.

I downloaded the Moodle mobile  3.2.0 from the Github moodlemobile-phonegapbuild (https://github.com/moodlehq/moodlemobile-phonegapbuild). Then I unzipped the code and uploaded it to the Github Desktop in my computer in my account without any changes of the code. Then the code is sycrhnised to Github website. Then I copied the link in Github to Phonegap Build and convert the app. However, the app does not have an icon.

But if I copied the link of moodlemobile-phonegapbuild in Github to Phonegap build, the app has the icon.

I am quite willing to use the latest version of mobile app, as it brings many useful features. I hope some one can answer my problem soon. Thank you very much!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yezi Yang

Re: mobile app icon is missing

by Yezi Yang -

Hello,

I found the problem. The resources/ios/icon and resources/android/icon are missing in Github. So I manually upload the icon folder to Github. The problem is solved.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Yezi Yang

by sandeep tripathi -

hello mam ,

as you say i upload manually and also change the icon.png in parent directory but it was not working still have the moodle icon

In reply to sandeep tripathi

by Rekha C -

has this problem been solved? 

In my mobile's list of applications, the moodle icon shows instead of my icon.

The mobile's desktop icon is okay.

version 3.2.1 

In reply to Rekha C

by Rekha C -

My problem is solved - I cleared the mobile's cache and the icon changed to my logo.

The problem occurred because first i had the moodle logo in my app, then i changed the logos, but the mobile's cache was showing up the moodle icon.