Scorm Iframe & alert connect

Scorm Iframe & alert connect

by philippe dutour -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

My website currently uses Moodle 3.1 and its scorm player to play animations. I'm looking for a way to change the size of the iframes. The problem I have appears only on smartphones in landscape mode. The  height of the frame seems to be greater than the available height, which causes the animation to not be visible entirely at once. 

I took a peek at the js files, and more precisely those in the scorm folder. One of them is named "player.js" and seems to make references to the height and width of the frame, but nothing changed when I modified the code. As far as I understood, this code was not even executed (I tried changing sizes, and I even tried to put some alert functions).

I'm also facing a problem concerning internet coverage. Since my website is a teaching platform and my students mostly use it when they commute, it becomes a real problem to keep a steady internet connexion. Whenever the stream of data is interrupted (an alert warns me of that), the whole course needs to be taken again, since the data hasn't been saved or sent to Moodle. Is there a way (when a lack of coverage happens) to store the data offline and synchronise it as soon as the connexion is back ?

Thanks in advance, and happy new year to everyone !

Regards,

Philippe Dutour

Average of ratings: -
In reply to philippe dutour

Re: Scorm Iframe & alert connect

by philippe dutour -

Hi

Just push up my question 

thank's

In reply to philippe dutour

Re: Scorm Iframe & alert connect

by Mathew Gancarz -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Philippe, the short answer is it's not doable without some custom coding. See this thread: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=339451 

Work arounds are available depending mostly on what authoring tool you use, and most of those involve just escaping the Moodle iframe and the scorm package opening it's own window.

For a SCORM package being tolerant of going offline, I think that is dependant on your authoring tool. What are you using to create the SCORM packages?