Visability of highlighting in Moodle 3.2

Visability of highlighting in Moodle 3.2

by Oliver W -
Number of replies: 5

I'm using Moodle 3.2 with the new Boost theme. When I select the "Highlight" option for a topic on the main course page it only adds a very thin blue line on the left. Before upgrading I was on Moodle 2.7 and when I lighlighted a topic there I had two blue bars on each side which were really thick and very well visible.

Is there any way on Moodle 3.2 to increase the visability of the highlighting because right now it is very hard to see

Thank you for any help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Oliver W

Re: Visability of highlighting in Moodle 3.2

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Consider adding the following code to the Advanced Settings, Raw CSS textbox in the Boost custom settings. (You can change the #fee2ae to any color you wish.  For example, you could easily try: ackground-color: yellow;

/* Change the current topic highlight (lightbulb) color */

.course-content .current {

background-color: #fee2ae;

}

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Oliver W -

Thank you Rick, this helped a lot. I still have a minor problem if you look at the attached screenshot: The description text of the highlighted object now looks not so pretty because the entire lines where I have text still show a white background. Is there a way with another css code to also make that part of the background in the same color?

Attachment highlighted-with-strange-bars.jpg
In reply to Oliver W

by Oliver W -

Ok I figured this out one by accident myself: I had to edit the description and remove all text properties. The white background seemed to have been in the text itself. I definitely did not set this myself so it must have been a previous default setting. So by just copying the text itself and then copying it back without any properties, the background now is as I want it.

Thanks for the help

In reply to Oliver W

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Your problem might also have something to do with your theme?  Which theme are you using?

But it is good that you figured it out.  I have never had this problem. I have been using MORE.  I don't do anything special with my text coloration.