eGuru Marketing Spots changes

eGuru Marketing Spots changes

autor Thierry Millère -
Počet odpovedí: 3

Hi!

I am working with Moodle 3.1 and the eGuru theme that I am adapting to our needs...

The eGuru theme frontpage as a 4 "Marketing Spot" row  that can be managed through the admin interface, of course : icons, titles, description, links. 

I needed to add a second row of four Marketing spot on the front page and found out that the those spots are created in a php file (marketinspots.php) that is actually an include. So I made a copy of that file, renamed it, mades a few changes about the content to be displayed... and ended up with my second marketing spot row on my frontpage! Yay! So far, so good!

Now the challenge for me is to be able to manage  that second row in the admin interface so i can give different titles, descriptions and links to the new marketing spots. There has to be another php file somehere in the moodle admin structure that I would need to modify but I haven't been able to figure out which one so far... 

Any idea, anyone? 

Thanks for enlighting me.

Thierry

Frontpage

Príloha admin-marketing spots.PNG
Priemer hodnotení : -
V odpovedi na Thierry Millère

Re: eGuru Marketing Spots changes

autor Mary Evans -
Obrázok: Core developers Obrázok: Documentation writers Obrázok: Peer reviewers Obrázok: Plugin developers Obrázok: Testers

The admin page in the eguru theme that adds those settings is called the settings.php

There is a tutorial that explains how to make a settings page. So technically you could extend those Marketing spots and create settings for them.

I'll chevk what the tutorial looks like now as it has been updated...I will post a link to it.

https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Creating_a_theme_settings_page

This link is for the Boost theme, but it does explain how it all works.

If you get stuck just ask and if I have time I'll try and help you.

Hope this helps?

Mary

V odpovedi na Mary Evans

autor Thierry Millère -

Thanks you so much for your answer, Mary... I'm sure it's going to help me.
I actually checked this file but for some reason I was expecting some lines that I did not see as I did a quick diagonal reading of the file content.

I'll get back to you if I get stuck but want to figure out by myself first.

Thanks again.

Thierry

V odpovedi na Mary Evans

autor Thierry Millère -
Thank you so much again Mary... just opened the file, made some changes and it works!!!  
Woohoo! Been struggling with that since yesterday morning! I knew I wasn't far from the solution but was going to fast.

Big Thank you !