Managing expiry date of accreditations/ competencies

Managing expiry date of accreditations/ competencies

by Teresa Noguero -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

Is there any way to track accreditations within moodle? The scenario would be:

- A user is added to a learning plan.

- That learning plan has a number of competencies.

- The user achieve these competencies by completing a number of courses.

- After completing all course in the learning plan the user is set as accredited for that area of knowledge.

- In x years time his accreditation will expire and he would need to enrol in a course/courses again to update his accreditation.

Thanks

Teresa

La media da valetaziuns: -
In reply to Teresa Noguero

Re: Managing expiry date of accreditations/ competencies

by Damyon Wiese -

There are some ways to do something similar to what you describe. E.g. You can make learning plans expire on a specified date. You can create duplicate a competency framework annually and you can migrate courses from one version of a competency framework to the next (without having to manually update all the courses). 

These features can be put together to require someone to annually re-achieve a competency (which is a actually a new competency for every year). 

Expiring a competency after a time period or on a certain day has been mentioned but I don't think anyone has created a tracker issue for it (it seems like a good idea). 

La media da valetaziuns: Useful (1)
In reply to Damyon Wiese

Re: Managing expiry date of accreditations/ competencies

by Nathan Gorman -

Has there been any development on this topic? I would love to be able to set this up to manage credentialing for our students. 

Would there be anything that could track external certification expiration as well? 

I hope all is well!

La media da valetaziuns: -