upgraded from php 5.5 to php 5.6 for 3.2+ upgrade and now environment.php page is blank.

upgraded from php 5.5 to php 5.6 for 3.2+ upgrade and now environment.php page is blank.

by Brian Y -
Number of replies: 3

I'm running 3.1+ currently and preparing you upgrade to 3.2+. I am currently running php 5.5.9 which I know is a problem. 

I've gone ahead and upgraded php to 5.6 and admin/phpinfo.php reflects the change but the admin/envrionment.php page is showing up blank. There are no errors in the apache log when accessing the page.

Does anyone know what would cause this single page to show up blank? everything else seems to be working properly.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Y

Re: upgraded from php 5.5 to php 5.6 for 3.2+ upgrade and now environment.php page is blank.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Always the same advice for a blank page... turn Debugging up full, recreate the blank page, check your web server's error log. What did you find?

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: upgraded from php 5.5 to php 5.6 for 3.2+ upgrade and now environment.php page is blank.

by Brian Y -

That was the first thing I tried and got absolution nothing to show on screen or in the logs.

After seeing some other posts, I decided to start clean and spun on a Ubuntu 16.04 image along with php7. We a clean/easy migration from there.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.