How do you switch off the points from the attendance report?

How do you switch off the points from the attendance report?

by Rick Johns -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, I have 2 Moodle installations, one version 3.0.4+ and a new one 3.1.3+

With the older one there are no points showing on the attendance report; with the new one there are.

I prefer no points showing as it's irrelevant for us. Anyone know how to switch these off?

I looked under "Edit Settings / Grade" and it seems to make no difference if this is none, scale or point ...

Grateful for any ideas.

Rick

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rick Johns

Re: How do you switch off the points from the attendance report?

by Paula Clough -

Hello,

Did you try going to the edit settings page and changing the Grade>Type from point to None?  You have to do that before any attendance has been entered or it will not allow the change.

cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Rick Johns -

Hi Paula, I did try that and it didn't make any difference.

Just to be sure I created a new course and added me as a student and changed the attendance grade to "none" before doing anything and the points still show up. It's not a big deal but for a lot of people it's too much information and I thought there would be a check box (if the "none" setting didn't work).

Also with the updated attendance it uses huge profile pictures of each student which makes the attendance report a bit unwieldy. Again not a biggy, but it would be nice to be able to not use profile pics. I think in the previous version they were there but micro sized so they didn't cause any problem.

I can live with both of the above but if anyone has the info that would be great. It's a very good plugin!

Rick

In reply to Rick Johns

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you forget to set No Grade when adding the attendance activity it does add a grade item and does not remove it if you change the setting.  If you select No Grade when adding the activity, it will not create the grade item.

You can simply set the activity to no grade and then manually delete the grade item from the grade book.