Text editors

Safari and atto don't work well together

Picture of Diane Soini
Safari and atto don't work well together

An instructor using Atto sent video showing that when he selects text and tries to apply a heading size to it, the file manager opens. I tried it myself and instead of the file manager, I get super-script text applied. Neither of us can get any colors applied. I can barely get Atto to maintain a selection on text to apply any styles anyway. It seems that Atto and Safari do not work at all together. I have searched Tracker and not found anything that seems to relate to this. Has anyone here had similar issues?

- Atto

- Moodle 3.1

- Safari (I have version 9)

- Mac (I have Yosemite)

Average of ratings: -
Me!
Re: Safari and atto don't work well together
Group Core developersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developersGroup Testers

I can confirm that it works fine for me with Safari. 

Maybe this is related to your theme or some extensions you have installed for Safari?

Picture of Diane Soini
Re: Safari and atto don't work well together

No, it is not my theme. This happens on the moodle sandbox site as well.

Also I would add that I do not have any extensions installed in Safari. Other people with slightly different OS and Safari versions do not have this problem and others have slightly different problems. When I try to set text as a heading, I get superscript instead and a colleague gets the file manager opening instead of headings.