LDAP Authentication with Azure Active Directory

LDAP Authentication with Azure Active Directory

by callum Wood -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to authenticate against Azure Active directory. Ideally I would like it to us some data mapping with this. 

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to callum Wood

Re: LDAP Authentication with Azure Active Directory

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

Azure is like an ADFS on-premise server in the cloud I believe?
If you set your moodle site as an application on the Azure side, I hear it's possible.

What I'm not sure of, is which authentication mode/plugin you need to pull it off - can't remember if it's SAML, or you just install the Office 365 integration and tell it the Azure IdP details. Data mapping with that, probably possible but never tried it to vouch either way.

In reply to callum Wood

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you tried directing the ldap auth plugin at it?  I don't really know what difference it makes where the AD is as long as you can access it.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

I won't pretend I've tried it, but I would be surprised if either LDAP port was exposed onto the public internet without IP restrictions at the firewall end. Even with IP address restrictions on who can dial into it, that's a major security concern to my mind.