"Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The data source class does not exist."

"Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The data source class does not exist."

by Aor Nannapas -
Number of replies: 16
Hello, 

I'm having problems, I need create quiz on my moodle but I can't create. 

The notification system is "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The data source class does not exist."

d

I use moodle version 3.1+ . 

Help me, Please. Thank you very much.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aor Nannapas

Re: "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The data source class does not exist."

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Please turn debugging on to developer level, try again and then post the error message.  

In reply to Emma Richardson

ตอบ: Re: "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The data source class does not exist."

by Aor Nannapas -

Excuse Me,

How to turn debugging on to developer level, please.

In reply to Aor Nannapas

ตอบ: Re: "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The data source class does not exist."

by Aor Nannapas -

Debug info: 
Error code: codingerror
×Stack trace:
  • line 513 of \cache\classes\definition.php: coding_exception thrown
  • line 314 of \cache\classes\helper.php: call to cache_definition::load()
  • line 2770 of \lib\grade\grade_category.php: call to cache_helper::purge_by_event()
  • line 2722 of \lib\grade\grade_category.php: call to grade_category::clean_record_set()
  • line 266 of \lib\grade\grade_object.php: call to grade_category->notify_changed()
  • line 263 of \lib\grade\grade_category.php: call to grade_object->update()
  • line 2135 of \lib\grade\grade_category.php: call to grade_category->update()
  • line 1577 of \lib\grade\grade_category.php: call to grade_category->get_children()
  • line 447 of \lib\grade\grade_category.php: call to grade_category->auto_update_weights()
  • line 1160 of \lib\gradelib.php: call to grade_category->pre_regrade_final_grades()
  • line 440 of \lib\gradelib.php: call to grade_regrade_final_grades()
  • line 804 of \mod\quiz\lib.php: call to grade_get_grades()
  • line 1177 of \mod\quiz\lib.php: call to quiz_grade_item_update()
  • line 96 of \mod\quiz\lib.php: call to quiz_after_add_or_update()
  • line 121 of \course\modlib.php: call to quiz_add_instance()
  • line 275 of \course\modedit.php: call to add_moduleinfo()
×Output buffer: <br /> <b>Notice</b>: Undefined property: stdClass::$delay1_adv in <b>C:\xampp\htdocs\Learning\mod\quiz\mod_form.php</b> on line <b>305</b><br />

In reply to Aor Nannapas

Re: ตอบ: Re: "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The data source class does not exist."

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That error is deep in the Moodle caching code, called in relation to the Gradebook. So, it is not really a quiz issue. I will move this to the installation probelms forum.

In reply to Aor Nannapas

Re: "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The data source class does not exist."

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think we'll struggle with this one. We're going to need more info.

What happened to make this start? Did it *ever* work? If so, what was changed to make it not work (even if you think it was not related)?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Eiz Eddin Al Katrib -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

I am having similar error.

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The data source class does not exist.

×Debug info: 
×Stack trace:
  • line 513 of /cache/classes/definition.php: coding_exception thrown
  • line 515 of /cache/classes/helper.php: call to cache_definition::load()
  • line 480 of /cache/classes/helper.php: call to cache_helper::purge_store()
  • line 323 of /admin/index.php: call to cache_helper::purge_all()

I think this started after I have pulled the latest MOODLE_31_STABLE branch from moodle.org repo, a few days ago.

I am using this site for development purposes only, so it is almost empty. I only have a couple of empty courses and a couple of users.

I think this error occurs when I am getting redirected to "admin/index.php", for updating the installation after downloading the latest release of that version I guess?

I can bypass that specific page and access almost all other pages normally.

In reply to Eiz Eddin Al Katrib

by Muhammad Asif -

Hi I am trying to upgrade moodle 3.0 to 3.1.

I am getting same errors as Eiz. Did you manage to find the solution for this.

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The data source class does not exist.

More information about this error

Debug info: 
×Stack trace:
  • line 513 of /cache/classes/definition.php: coding_exception thrown
  • line 515 of /cache/classes/helper.php: call to cache_definition::load()
  • line 480 of /cache/classes/helper.php: call to cache_helper::purge_store()
  • line 323 of /admin/index.php: call to cache_helper::purge_all()

In reply to Muhammad Asif

by Eiz Eddin Al Katrib -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

For me, I have just created a new moodledata folder and it worked. It did not work when deleted the cache and localcache folders by themselves.

This workaround solution was okay for me as I did not actually have content on the site, and I did not have time to investigate this issue further.

by Muhammad Asif -

Thank you Eiz.

In my case I had data files in moodle data. I had to upgrade to moodle 3.2 instead of 3.1.

Therefore upgrading to 3.2 from 3.0 worked fine. There was no such error.

In reply to Muhammad Asif

Ats.: Re: "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The data source class does not exist."

by Vaidas A. -

Thanks pointing to the right direction! 

I removed config.php from [moodledata]/muc catalog, run cache clean, new config file generated and the problem disappeared.

Average of ratings: Useful (6)
In reply to Vaidas A.

Re: Ats.: Re: "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The data source class does not exist."

by Nitin Jain -
Picture of Plugin developers

yeah it worked.

In reply to Vaidas A.

Re: Ats.: Re: "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The data source class does not exist."

by Rinky Verma -

how to run cache clean, so that config.php recreated??

In reply to Rinky Verma

by Nitin Jain -
Picture of Plugin developers

yoursite/admin/purgecaches.php

In reply to Vaidas A.

by Denna Hintze -

THANK YOU!! It worked perfectly. *whew*

by Andrew Dunbar -
Thanks for this tip. It worked to get past the error on the upgrade, now I have to figure out how to get back the info from the old moodledata.
In reply to Andrew Dunbar

by Andrew Dunbar -

Actually, I am seeing all the data from my old site. I hope ALL is there. smile