How to Update User Profile custom field with certain conditions.

How to Update User Profile custom field with certain conditions.

by Jim Iturralde -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

I was having this problem with our moodle site, we have a moodle site for our on-boarding process, a pre-requisite courses should be taken by a newly hired employee before that new employee can be admitted to our company.

On the administrator side of moodle, we make sure that all the courses and quizzes are taken and passed through the help of Custom Report Plugin they have no problems about this. However, we also want to our new employee to print a site-wide certificate (not per course).  

I was researching on certificate Plugins, on what I have learn so far that certificate plugin is only per course and not a site wide plugin, I might be wrong....

I was playing around with the certificate plugin, tried to make it as a site wide certificate, but  seems that it is not capable of making it as a site wide certificate... the last option I have is to add a custom User Profile field named "Completed" and update the field once all courses has been completed. and  use that "Completed" on the Certificate's "Restrict Access" section to condition weather they are allowed to print the certificate or not.

My questions are:

1. Is there any other option aside from adding a "Completed" field is user profile?

2. if no other options, where should I add the code that updates the "Completed" field?

Any help will very much appreciated..... Many Thanks...

Average of ratings: -