Navigation & Site Administration Blocks Missing - Moodle 3.2 [Clean Theme]

Re: Navigation & Site Administration Blocks Missing - Moodle 3.2 [Clean Theme]

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, As Mary Cooch says, Administration & Navigation are automatic in Moodle Bootstrapbase themes, such as Clean & More and all the other themes that are or were part of Moodle including 2.0 themes. This has always been the case.

However, if you are using Moodle 3.2 then Administration & Navigations blocks are there too in Clean & More theme. Bootstrapbase is still present in Moodle 3.2 as this is a parent of Clean & More themes, bit is not visible as it is not available to use as a theme itself.

OK...if you added the Admin & Navigation blocks in Boost and then deleted them, this means you have deleted them from your Moodle site because that is how blocks work. Wherever or whatever blocks you add. they stick no matter what the theme. Each page set of blocks are different depending on what you allow on those pages.

The fact that Clean does not have Admin & Nav blocks in the ADD BLOCK list is because they are already present. But YOU have deleted them from Boost. So goback to Boost theme and ADD them back!!! Job done! smile

Mary Evans

In reply to Mary Evans

by Niall Sheehan -

With the Boost Theme if I select Turn Editing On for the Front Page nothing changes, I am unable to edit sections or add. If I add a block it is not displayed on the front page only. They are present on all other pages.

In reply to Niall Sheehan

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Could you provide some screen shots with editing turned on please?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Eric Azevedo -

Hello Mary!

I followed all of your advice and did not solve my problem.

Block instances are only visible when the Boost theme is active.

sad

In reply to Mary Evans

by Eric Azevedo -

I want to use the Administration Block in Moodle 3.2 with the Clean theme.

The Administration Block is visible only when the Boost theme is enabled, but I need this administration block with the Clean theme.