General developer forum

360 panorama and video viewer for Moodle

Picture of Grzegorz Rogala
360 panorama and video viewer for Moodle

I'm currently experimenting with embedding 360 degree panoramas and video in the Page resource in Moodle and was wandering if anybody had a similar experience in the past. I managed to embed both images and video but it takes some time and effort and rather advanced knowledge of HTML and JS. Are there any 360 panorama viewers available for Moodle which would make the whole process simpler? If not, is anybody interested in developing them? 

I'm also exploring possibilities of using 360 degree panoramas and videos in various interactive activities so if you are also interested in this kind of thing I would be very happy to hear from you.

Best Wishes

Greg

Average of ratings: -
Picture of AL Rachels
Re: 360 panorama and video viewer for Moodle
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

Hi Grzegorz,

Are you having to manually embed the HTML and JS into your page resource? If you are, then I think it would be simpler to do it using the Generico filter as you can set up a template to mostly do it all for you, I think. I don't currently have any 360 degree panoramas or videos to try it out with though.

John Provasnik at Moodle Moot US
Particularly helpful Moodlers

I use Wistia.com to embed 360 video

I use ThingLink.com to embed 360 images

Both have worked very well for us - the video/images get uploaded to the respective sites and all one needs to do is grab an embed code and stick it in a moodle resource.

Picture of George Varghese

WorPress Plugins ( eg. "WP-VR-view is a plugin that allows you to display Photo Sphere images and 360 video on wordpress pages, posts") and <iframe)> ..link..<iframe) can also be used to embed 360 degree photos/videos in  moodle.

Picture of Bolly Handid

Did you see this video "This quick tutorial shows how to embed a video from Learn360 directly into Moodle” 

actually, I just touch 360 videos filed, so I think it may be the same as embed video into PDF, maybe? right? lol