Question numbers not clickable in quiz

Question numbers not clickable in quiz

by Salim Al Waili -
Number of replies: 10

Hi,

I have noticed that now in Moodle 3.1.2 when you run a quiz for students the small boxes with the question numbers are not clickable so that students can move directly to that particular question without having to go from one page to another.

I tried different themes and almost all of them have this issue except "BCU" theme.

We have the following themes:

Aardvark
BCU
Campus
Clean
Contemporary
Dynamic
Elegance
Essential
FlexiBase Settings
More
Shoehorn
Splash
squared

Would anyone have any idea about this?

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Salim Al Waili

Re: Question numbers not clickable in quiz

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If all the themes are failing then probably something else related to the quiz itself.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Salim Al Waili -

Thank you Gareth for your reply.

But I tried it in another course with another quiz and chenged the theme from one to another and the same issue was there except for the BCU theme!?

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I'm surprised that you still use BCU in moodle 3.1 because never was tested in that version and I'm sure it will have some issues. Remember that BCU is actually deprecated and do not have support never more.

But I tested in Adaptable and it works well. You can select the question in the Quiz Navigation block and you will be redirected to the question.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Donna Smith -

We have installed Adaptable on 2 sites and on both sites in the quiz navigation there are no numbers and the boxes are not clickable. When I go to the Demo site, the same problem exists on the quizzes there. Any suggestions? I don't have this problem with our other Moodles sites using different themes. Our Moodle is 3.2 and using the latest Adaptable theme.

Attachment 2-24-17 11-32-33 AM.png

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Salim,

If the BCU theme is not meant for M3.1 then could it be affecting the other themes?  So, how about removing all contributed themes and then seeing if the problem is still there.  If so then will be another plugin not related to a theme (as core ones should be ok unless there is something else wrong).

Kind regards,

Gareth

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I've been testing Clean, BCU, Adaptable and Essential in moodle 3.2 and the Quiz blocks redirect you to the question correctly.

So I think you have some issue that breaks the code in some point.

PS: BCU works well in 3.2 except the breadcrumb. That's amazing

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

If this is not working in Clean and More themes then the possibility is that it is being block by some JS in a Block on the page. BCU blocks some blocks so that is perhaps why that theme is not affected?

Just a theory...but I am probably wrong...I am noted for being a little crazy sometimes. brio

In reply to Mary Evans

by Salim Al Waili -

Thank you all for your inputs and feedback.

I am not sure what was wrong that day when I didn't work. I tried now again and the questions are clickable in different themes.

Thank you all again.

Salim