Iphone not registering

Iphone not registering

by Eric Katchan -
Number of replies: 6

Hello all, I have updated the local_mobile plugin on my moodle 3.0.7 test site and tried to register a new device to a particular user.  I was able to register an IPAD 2 but the iphone failed.  How can I debug?  When I try to log in with my iphone 5s with the most recent app 3.2.0 version code 2016 I can access the site but my phone does not appear in the mdl_user_devices table nor does it get entered into the airnotifier table. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

On a side note, we were having a similar issue with our prod site but this issue seems to be related to our security certificate.  We have scheduled a restart of the web server later this week in hopes of resolving that issue.  The prod site does not have the most recent local_mobile plugin installed.  After my experience on the dev site, I will not upgrade.

Thanks please advise

Eric

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Katchan

Re: Iphone not registering

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello Eric,

can you try again with the latest version of the app?

This seems to be a very particular error and debugging the device registration is quite complex at the moment.

In any case, we'll be checking this during this week.

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Eric Katchan -

My Iphone is running V 3.2.0 which I believe is the most current.  Also, it is an iphone 5s running 10.1.1.  I will try to upgrade my iphone to the newest version today and see if it helps.  I am upgrading my phone to 10.2

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Eric Katchan -

Iphone 5S upgraded, app upgraded I believe to most recent 3.2.0.

I cleared all tables tokens, external_devices, air_notifier etc and tried to start again.

The ipad registered in  external_devices but did not get into airnotifier table.  I am using the most recent version of the local_moodle on my test site which is running an upgraded 3.0.7 code base.  Is there some way I can role back the local_moodle to the previous version? 

Tomorrow we will be upgrading our production machine infrastructure and hopefully we will be able to use the airnotifier on production with the local_moodle  (V 2015111112 ) earlier version.  We were having the curl issues and not able to connect to moodle messages.  Can I PM you to ensure that our production key is still valid?

Thanks

Eric

In reply to Eric Katchan

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

please note that local_mobile does not handle the device registration, this is done by the message_airnotifier plugin that has been in core since 2.7

If your devices are being registered in external_devices but not in the airnotifier table this is because Airnotifier is not being capable of validating the device.

Please, send me your production key via PM so I can check if it is valid.

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Eric Katchan -

Just to add to this, I am able to register and IPad for example without issue but the iphone does not register.