Course list not displaying on front page in Adaptable theme

Re: Course list not displaying on front page in Adaptable theme

by Fortarrigo Piccolomini -
Number of replies: 11

Hi Fernando. Thanks for Adaptable theme!

I have the same issue.

Courses tiles are not displayed at all but only for guests. Logged users, infact, can see the Course section.

But if I choose Moodle default, guests can see the Courses section...

I disabled both Ticker and Slideshow.

Console doesn't show any error at all.

Frontpage settings (for not logged users) are configured properly.

I'm using 2016121501 version of the theme.

I need to have a frontpage as in Adaptable demo for not logged user.

Thanks in advance for your help.

In reply to Fortarrigo Piccolomini

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

Just adding that I have the same issue, 3.1.4 build on a site, with the very latest Adaptable (installed yesterday in fact.)

I have the ticker turned off and have never set it, and I have Marketing blocks on which only have <h3> and <p> tags, no other tags. Sliders off.

All the courses in this site have course descriptions and summary images, but nothing is coming over in the regular Tiles or Coventry tiles.

In reply to Randy Thornton

by kaba soumaoro -

Hi Randy Thornton,

I'm having the same issue like you when upgrade to Adaptable 1.3 theme on moodle 3.1.

All my front page stickers, my front page slider , my marketings blocks and my front page courses aren't displaying any more.

If you have fixed your issue, could you explain how did you manage to fo fix it?

Or if any one can help with that?

Regards,

kaba

In reply to kaba soumaoro

by Randy Thornton -
This is still broken for me. I have switched Frontpage courses to use Moodle default, which is working. Tiles, Tiles w/ overly, and Coventry all show empty boxes with nothing for the course description or summary file i mage.

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Still can be replicated. We need more info.

Apart of hundred updated sites to latest version we set up and upgrade many sites and never got this issue.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Randy Thornton -

Fernando,

I have isolated this to:

If the default Moodle Front page Logged in setting is set to List of courses, then the Adaptable > Frontpage Courses = Tiles, then it works fine.

If the Moodle front page is set to Combo list or List of categories, then that will interfere with the Tiles and neither the course descriptions nor course summary files will show up. 

So, in the screenshots below, all I did was change the Moodle Frontpage from List of courses to Combo list and it affects the Adaptable theme tiles (right side view). 

I would expect it would just ignore that setting altogether and the Adaptable setting for Tiles should have priority and work properly irrespective of the Moodle setting.

Attachment screenshot_1980.jpg

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Adaptable is not compatible with display courses by categories. This was already commented several times.

In a future version is possible we develop this feature.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Randy Thornton -

Fernando,

I suggest you add a notice or warning on the settings page for the Frontpage Course Boxes that they need to set the site Frontpage course setting to List of courses, and that it is not compatible with the categories options.

That will help prevent the confusion.

Thanks Randy

by Suzana de Andrade Ferreira -

I have the same problem:

If I choose List of course at frontpage settings, OK, all courses are listed, blocks and footer too.

But if I choose "Enrolled courses" at frontpage setting, none course, blocks or footer is there...

At debugging (development mode) it shows:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function render_mycourses() in /home/essaeadn/public_html/moodle/theme/adaptable/renderers.php on line 2848

Can it be fixed?

Attachment 2017-05-22_1826.png