We installed 3.1 before our Fall quarter. I feel that 3.1 is a good system and it has many wonderful updates. I have noticed a pattern of email, phone and in-person questions and comments about the new Gradebook (we had 2.7 before) and the new Assignment Grading tool. I am not sure who or how to share these comments besides in here. If there is a better place, please let me know.
1) The Weight collumn doesn't have a total. Our faculty are confused that they don't see 100% at the bottom of the Weights column. It is making them question the weighting calculations.
2) when you weight, if you don't type in a value that equals 100%...the sysem will change the numbers to make it 100%. It would be nice if a message appeared or an error saying that their values don't equal 100 so they only need to change one or two weights. Now they would need to change most or all since Moodle changed them to make it 100.
Assignment Grading Tool
I like this tool, but I am seeing some issues that faculty are not liking...
Issues / Comments
- more clicking
- sometimes when in the tool, the next arrow link will not work, freeze requiring the instructor to get out and back into the assignment
- each grade requires a save button click and the next button. The tool is a little slow and take time.
1) The View all submission button takes them to a page that will not allow instructors to enter grades. Instructors want to be able to enter a "quick" point value on this page. The other option is to go to the Grades > Single view and "override" all to type in the grades, but the "override" freaks them out.
I hope this information is helpful.
Tonia Malone, Cal Poly - SLO