Information about availability of activities for students

Information about availability of activities for students

by Beatriz Rojo -
Number of replies: 5

Hi there,

I have created 4 wikis. Each is available for a determined period of time. I have set the parameters so and left the eye-simbol open, because I want students to see how long is the activity available:

I - in my teacher role- can see the information "Available until ..." under the wiki. 

But when I change my role to the student's role to check if everything works, this sentence disappears. Have I done something wrong?

I work with Moodle v3.

Thanks!

Beatriz

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

Re: Information about availability of activities for students

by Paula Clough -

Beatriz, 

That is how it works in my 3.1 version as well. My work around is to put the date in the title or if I am not using the description area of the edit settings page for directions etc., putting the information there and then checking the small checkbox under the description box that allows it to show on the course page. 

cool

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Paula Clough

by Beatriz Rojo -
Thanks Paula, 

Now I'm sure I didn't forget any parameters. I'll follow your suggestions. But I think this feature is really practical, since it is students and not the teacher who must be informed about deadlines. 

Regards.

In reply to Beatriz Rojo

by Viktorija Florjančič -

Beatriz,

it has to work. Try to use an imaginary student account and test it. I always have one wink

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Viktorija Florjančič

by Beatriz Rojo -

Thanks Viktorija for your feedback. I have now version 3.2 and students still cannot see the availability of the materials:

Teacher's view:

Students' view:

In reply to Beatriz Rojo

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I believe this is expected behaviour for the 'available until' setting. It's explained -though I had to concentrate smile -in this tracker report here MDL-36095

So I'd agree with Paula, about including the date in the title or description.