Viewing attendance summary per course

Viewing attendance summary per course

by Ben Laor -
Number of replies: 5

Hello
I'm a developer and new to the Moodle environment and was wondering if there is a way (or is there something in development) that allows me to view an attendance summary per course by % of attendance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ben Laor

Re: Viewing attendance summary per course

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Do you have the attendance module installed?  It has a few reports built in.  You can also use the configurable reports plugin to create course wide or site wide reports with sql queries...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Ben Laor -

I have the attendance module installed, i was looking for a way to view attendance percentage per course (and not per student)
But i looked up the reports plugins you mentioned and it looks like you can easily create any kind of report directly selecting from the database which should work well for me (i found the specific tables of the attendance module where i can fetch the data from)
Thank you for the great advice :D

In reply to Ben Laor

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Glad to have helped.  If you end up creating a report, please share back with the community!

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Ben Laor -

Run into a bit of a pickle, it's probably basic but i'm not very familiar with Moodle yet, where do i access the ad-hoc reports (creation, viewing, anything) i can't seem to find it in the Moodle system (or is it somewhere else?) i installed the plugin

In reply to Ben Laor

by Emma Richardson -

You need to add the block to a page somewhere - I have mine on the front page, only visible by admins.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)