Moodle 3.2: Cannot find Enrollment Methods to set to Paypal

Moodle 3.2: Cannot find Enrollment Methods to set to Paypal

by Gerald Grow -
Number of replies: 3

In previous Moodles, after opening a course, you could go to Course Administration / Users and click on Enrolment Methods in order to add Paypal.

In Moodle 3.2, I cannot find this option any more.

Anyone else having this problem? Or not?

I'm using a Linux server that is running several earlier Moodles, including 3.1.2, without difficulty. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerald Grow

Re: Moodle 3.2: Cannot find Enrollment Methods to set to Paypal

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Have you enabled Paypal in Site administration? Search for Paypal in Site administration and open its eye to enable it.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Gerald Grow -

Yes. Paypal was activated in the Enrollment plugins, and "Allow Paypal" was set to "Yes" from the beginning. Those are familiar settings from earlier Moodles that had not been changed, so I know to use them. 

What I cannot find anywhere is the Enrollment Methods page where I can open a particular course, then turn Paypal on for that course, then set the cost and other variables for that course.

As a standard test on a new Moodle installation, I always enroll a fake student account and pay through Paypal, to make sure it works. This time, it did not work.

After creating this student account, then clicking to enter the course and pay, I get the message "You cannot enroll yourself in this course." 

HERE'S MORE: I can't even find where to enroll students in the course I created. The Enrollment Methods option in older Moodles contains the option for displaying enrolled students and adding new ones. I do not see that anywhere.

As a precaution, I gave myself additional permissions -- administrator, manager, and course creator -- just in case enrollment was limited to one of those roles. No improvement. 

In reply to Gerald Grow

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Here is a video on the new settings for teachers...

and here is one on the new settings for admins....