how to design moodle server for 40,000 users

Re: how to design moodle server for 40,000 users

by Marcus Green -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Your question is very hard to answer with any meaning without a whole lot more information. What do you mean by asynchronous? What will the emphasis be on activities. For example if you anticipate significant use of video or large numbers of students taking exams simultaneously the solution will be very different to most installations where the emphasis is on uploading and downloading fairly small documents.  It will also depend on what technologies you are comfortable with/currently using.  

What has your searches returned so far and what questions do you have on that information. 

In reply to Marcus Green

Re: how to design moodle server for 40,000 users

by com cen -

thanks marcus green for your attention and reply >>> 

i mean by asynchronous that at one time there is about 2500 user concurrently using moodle , not all the participants at same time 

the aim of my moodle is :

• upload the course's material for all the instructors in university ( and if i need SAN storage ??) 
  • students can do their quizes and assignments using moodle 

but i can't specify the hardware resources that i need and about the backup and storage server ???

thanks for all