Essential theme Marketing spot buttons not aligned

Essential theme Marketing spot buttons not aligned

by Sue Holtz -
Number of replies: 9

We are in the process of upgrading to Moodle 3.1.3 and Essential theme. Our current site is on Moodle 2.8.7 also using Essential. I am having a problem with the Marketing Spot boxes. The buttons in the boxes do not align across the page, see second image below. When I look at the Layout using Firebug, the positions/margins/etc. settings are different. The first image below is from our current server. This happens whether I am looking at the page on my monitor, my laptop screen or my phone.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sue Holtz

Re: Essential theme Marketing spot buttons not aligned

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Cannot reproduce in forthcoming Essential 3.1.1.5 (functionally the same in this area as current 3.1.1.4).  I can find no evidence of 'positions/margins/etc. settings are different'.

In reply to Sue Holtz

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sue,

Can you post a screenshot of what you see using Firebug? That would be a great help.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Sue Holtz -

Mary,

This first shot is of the current install, Moodle 2.8. I right clicked inside the Marketing spot for Master of Divinity. It is the same for all three spots on 2.8.

This next shot is on Moodle  3.1. I right clicked inside the Marketing spot for Master of Divinity again.

Finally, this last shot is on Moodle 3.1. I right clicked inside the Marketing spot for Grow in Grace.

Do these help?

Sue

In reply to Sue Holtz

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sue,

No they do not help as you have only highlighted one line which is not really telling me anything.

I have seen the first one on your online website which is working OK.

Is the other site on a test server? If so then there may be some other factors coming into play on that site.

Would it be possible for me to see that site myself? If so can you send me details via the 'Message' button on my profile?

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Sue Holtz -

Mary,

The live site is running Debian 7.9 and Moodle 2.8.7.

The dev site on a separate server is running Debian 8.6 and Moodle 3.1.3+.

Since 3.2 is out, we are now wondering if we should upgrade to that before figuring out what is going on with the Marketing spots. Or do you want to look at it before we make the transition. The last time we looked 3.2 was not going to be ready in time for us to make the jump, but as long as it is ready, we would like to do so. We want to make the change over Christmas break.

Thanks for your help,

Sue

In reply to Sue Holtz

by Mary Evans -

Hi Sue, 

Taking a quick look at the site now would help a great deal if possible. 

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Sue Holtz -

Mary, What you suggest in your message was the issue. I changed from ATTO (which was the default on the old site) to TinyMCE, delete the text in the boxes and re-entered it. The buttons are now aligned. Thanks for your help.

Sue

In reply to Sue Holtz

by Mary Evans -

Hi Sue,

That's good news, thank you for letting me know.

Kind regards,

Mary