External Athentication

External Athentication

by Mark Iannone -
Number of replies: 5

Hi ,

I created a mysql database on my server to connect with a Moodle also on the server using external Authorization. The fields I made were Varchar, except for the password, which I made MD5. When I use the test function I get the message below:

(mysqli): SELECT * FROM New_Users WHERE User_Name <> 'random_unlikely_username' 

External table contains following columns:
User_Name, Password, First_Name, Surname, Email, Driver_School, Course_Name, ID

I am using a MariaDB and there is no option for that so I used mysqli.

I made some users and I could not login with their credentials after adding them to the external database,

If anyone can provide me with some advice I would really appreciate it.

Thank-you in advance,

Mark Iannone

Externaldata2

External_Database_2

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Iannone

Re: External Athentication

by Amine Marref -

Hi Mark,

I am facing the exact same issue, were you able to get rid of the "random_unlikely_username" issue?

Amine.

In reply to Amine Marref

Re: External Authentication

by Mark Iannone -

I have mine working now. It a matter of getting the configuration correct in site admin authorization external data base and in site admin enrollment external data base. Below are the setting that worked for me. 

In reply to Mark Iannone

by Amine Marref -
Wow, thank you for the speedy answer smile I got mine configured pretty much like yours and I still get the error. Do you mind sharing with me the database collation you used? Was it utf8_bin? Many thanks.
In reply to Amine Marref

by Mark Iannone -

Below is the external database.       

This is the message that I get from the test when the external data base is working. 

Add a user to the data base. Then go login to the moodle with the user credentials. The user is added after you log in. 

Hope this helps,

Mark