How do I change manager role to student role permissions in single course?

How do I change manager role to student role permissions in single course?

by Juan F -
Number of replies: 1

Hi folks.  I'm using Moodle 3.0 and have a manager role (full-time employee) interested in taking an online course.  Her permissions will not allow her to complete work because she has manager role.  How can we change the permissions for just this course?  Is it possible?

*Note, our student data system does not allow duplicates and we cannot create a dummy account because it would not tie into the student data system.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan F

Re: How do I change manager role to student role permissions in single course?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If your manager has a sitewide manager role then I'm afraid it's not possible. The only suggestion I could make since you say you cannot give her a second account with a student role in the course is to make her a category manager -and then  make her manager in all the categories except the category where the online course is OR to move the online course to a category of its own where she will be a student, and have category permissions in the other categories.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)