I am having some trouble getting HTML 5 video to play within Moodle. I have tested Moodle 2.2 (which did work with IOS 9) and Moodle 3.1 and neither will play the video. The thumbnail loads and clicking the play icon displays the spinning load icon, but the file doesn't play. Here are the steps to reproduce:
- Create a video using Powerpoint and iSpring, exporting as HTML5 video files (I have tried iSpring Pro 7 and iSpring Free 8)
- Upload the zipped HTML5 files to a Moodle file repository.
- From within Moodle, add a file resource to a course and choose the zip file.
- Click the zip file, choose 'unzip'.
- Click the index.html file, choose 'set main file'.
- Save the new resource (with a Name)