Moodle 3.2 - Missing setting: Email only from no-reply address

Moodle 3.2 - Missing setting: Email only from no-reply address

by Michael Milette -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

In Moodle 3.2, the Email only from no-reply address setting seems to have been removed.

Without the emailonlyfromnoreplyaddress setting, I must assuming that this is now controlled by whether or not you provide a no-reply email address. The problem is, if the noreplyaddress field is blank, a default no-reply email address kicks in which belongs to the primary administrator.

How do I tell the Moodle 3.2 site not to use the no-reply email address? Is there some other setting that I might have missed?

Best regards,

Michael

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Milette

Re: Moodle 3.2 - Missing setting: Email only from no-reply address

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Michael,

I think the issue relating to the change you mention is MDL-44467. Please see the section 'Possible issues that may affect you in Moodle 3.2' in the documentation Upgrading for details of outgoing mail setup. Let us know if anything needs clarifying.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)