Images vanished overnight

Images vanished overnight

by Joshua Richie -
Number of replies: 2
I have read through some similar forums, but all involve upgrading or moving.  My site has been active for a little over a month and since it was created we've simply been working on content.  If it isn't relevant, I'm not concerned with why it happened, rather how to fix it.

Site Information:

Bluehost Business Cloud Hosting

Moodle(current): http://eifo.us/campus

Moodle(initial): http://eifo.us/moodle

Steps Taken:

Researched the issue and found that the main moodle folder was renamed AFTER moodle was installed.  I dumped the database, found/replaced the old /moodle address with the new /campus address.  I only found 1 instance.  Just to make sure, I used PHPMyAdmin and searched there...same result, 1.  Once I changed that, I renamed the old DB and created a new one, imported the repaired dump.  No change

Just to test, I tried a few different ways to add images and other file types.  They upload fine, but when a file that loads on another page, for example, an embedded file, is clicked it takes the user to a page with the message: "You are already logged in as xxxxxxxxx, would you like to log out?".  Also, the images show up in the file picker but when selected there is no preview and they show as broken links on the page.

I'm not sure what information is relevant, so I'm not posting much.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  Long time user, but new to the role of admin for Moodle.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joshua Richie

Re: Images vanished overnight

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Joshua, have you by any chance enabled the cache in Cpanel (only available to BlueHost AFAIK) ?

Also, have you installed Moodle using Mojo market Place or manually?

Finally, this "logged in" as issue is pointing towards correct permission of moodledata folder.

In reply to Usman Asar

Re: Images vanished overnight

by Joshua Richie -
Yes, it was the site caching feature.  Apparently, they turn it on by default for their cloud hosting packages.  This resolved all issues with images and other files, as well as the "logged in as" issue.  Permissions are all fine.  Thanks for the help!