Ability to view content (grades/feedback) in previously participated course

Ability to view content (grades/feedback) in previously participated course

by Nelson Bartley -
Number of replies: 0

Good day guys,

So I have what I think might be a unique situation, and I'm hoping there is a permission setting to enable that will help me solve this.

Background:

My institution moves students around between various levels at the end of each Term. Levels are courses that are run for the entire year, and are divided into 9 week terms. When a student moves levels, their course enrollment in the old course is disabled and they are enrolled in the new course for their level automatically.

Problem:

When a student moves levels they are unable to access their grades and feedback from previous levels. As an administrator I can easily see all of this when I look at the grades for the user. The user however, when using the grades button from the menu, cannot access the course their enrollment has been disabled in. This means they cannot see the grade, the feedback, or the feedback file. The reason this is a problem is a portion of our feedback is delayed by a week or two after the student moves to a new level, but for record keeping we are uploading the feedback to the original assignment the student completed.

Is there a way to allow the student to access the results (or even the activity) of anything they have participated in in the system? I'm speaking quite specifically in, I don't want the student browsing their previous courses content, just the assignments they actively contributed to.

This is a Moodle 3 conversation. (I can upgrade to 3.1, but would rather not just yet)

Average of ratings: -