Exporting Grades - Moodle 2.6+

Re: Exporting Grades - Moodle 2.6+

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I believe that you can only add user fields.  Course id is not a user field.

When you have your Excel file, you can add this course id to the first record, then highlight down to the last record, hit ctrl-d to duplicate down.

When working with moving data to a database, it is not odd to have to do some pre-processing of the original data.

If you were good with SQL, you might be able to write a query against the database.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Mark Hardwick -

Rick,

Thanks for the reply.  I've tried everything I know to get it to show up and that makes sense.  Adding a column in Excel with the course ID is what we've been doing but was hoping to cut out a step so others in the office will have less trouble with it.  We also have to change out the  -   to  0  when someone doesn't do all of their homework so Access will accept it.  I may try to add a user field that says Course ID and get it that way.

Thanks,

Mark        

In reply to Mark Hardwick

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Okay, Mark.

If you do a lot of adding course ID's you probably know that you should create a macro in Excel that can help.  The macro might include the other edits that you find yourself always making.

Do you really want to change a "-" to a "0"?  Would it make more sense to change a "-" to a "blank", which could become a "null" in your Access database?  (Just a suggestion.)