Registration Via Mobile App

Re: Registration Via Mobile App

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 10
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Arabinda,

Please note that sign-up in the app requires Email-based self-registration to be enabled on your Moodle site.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Logan Thomison -

Hi Helen,

I have email-base self-registration enabled on my site as well as Oauth but I'm not seeing it as an option on the moodle mobile side. Are there additional settings that I need to enable to make it available on the mobile client?

Logan 

In reply to Logan Thomison

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Logan,

which Moodle version are you using? Self-registration only works with Moodle 3.2 onwards.

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Logan Thomison -

Hi Juan,

I'm at Moodle 3.3.1 (Build: 20170710) and 3.3.0 for the mobile client.

Thanks,
Logan

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Logan,

just to be sure, you should be able to see the signup button after entering your site URL in the "Add Site" form. It should appear below the username/password inputs, as it's shown here:

credentials form screenshot

If you can't see the button, please send us your Moodle URL so we can take a look. If you don't want it to be public you can send it to mobile@moodle.com (please reference this post in the e-mail).

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Logan Thomison -
Hi Dani,

I wasn't aware that this only works on the device or emulator. I had been looking at it via my browser and I see everything when I run it on my emulator. Is it possible to add the additional fields that a user sees during registration to the OAuth screens as well?

Thanks,

Logan

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Logan,

you should be able to see it in browser too. The screenshot I pasted before was taken in browser.

The app should show the same fields as the web signup form, as long as it uses "core" fields. That is, the app supports the following custom fields: Checkbox, Date/Time, Dropdown, Text area and Text input. If your site has a 3rd party plugin to add a new type of field, it won't be shown in the app.

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Logan Thomison -

I just followed the instructions at https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Setting_up_your_development_environment_for_Moodle_Mobile_2 to make sure I didn't overlook something. I'm still experiencing the same issue. I thought I'd try Chromium over Chrome as part of it and Chromium does not move beyond entering the URL for the site. I just receive the loading message.

by Dani Palou -

Hi Logan,

please send us the URL of your site so I can take a look. You can send it to mobile@moodle.com.

Thanks,

Dani

by Dani Palou -

Thanks Logan,

I can see the button in my Chromium, right below the SSO buttons. Please make sure you've followed the steps in here, specially the flags to use when starting chromium:

https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_Mobile_development_using_Chrome_or_Chromium

There was one time I couldn't see it though, and it was because of a timeout (the server took too long to respond). When you enter the site URL, the app performs 2 requests: one to check if the site exists, and another to check the site configuration (to see if signup is enabled and so). If the second one doesn't answer in time (30 seconds), we still show the credentials form but we can't show the signup because we don't know if it's enabled or not. We aren't blocking the user in this timeout because some sites don't have the required WebService, so we could be blocking the user for no reason. 

I tried it like 10 times and only 1 failed, the rest of requests returned really fast, so it seems to be a weird case (at least for me).

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Asad Ali -

I am little bit confused are you guying using Moodle Moblie Ready made app from google play store or configuring moodle mobile custom app.