HTML Editor not displayed after 1.52 upgrade

HTML Editor not displayed after 1.52 upgrade

por Enda Lee -
Número de respostas: 13
Hi,

I just installed the latest stable Moodle 1.52 Everything is working fine except that the HTML editor is not displaying properly (i.e. no toolbar or buttons). I've tested it in Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera - all are the same. Is this a known issue? Can it be fixed easily or do I have to revert back to my older backup to get it working again?

Thanks,

Enda Lee
Média das avaliações:  -
Em resposta à Enda Lee

Re: HTML Editor not displayed after 1.52 upgrade

por Timothy Takemoto -

Dear Enda Lee
One thing to try Zbigniew Fiedorowicz's suggestion here:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=21995
Tim

Em resposta à Timothy Takemoto

por Enda Lee -
Timothy,

Thanks for the link - I tried the suggested solutions but still no editor... I have not edited any scripts other than config.php which I've changed quite a bit.

When I open the lib/editor/htmlarea.php script directly, the following warning is displayed:
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:
ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' cannot be used twice in <b>
/system/lib/editor/htmlarea.php</b> on line <b>8</b><br />

// htmlArea v3.0 - Copyright (c) 2002, 2003 interactivetools.com, inc.

This does not occur when I do the same with
http://moodle.org/lib/editor/htmlarea.php

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Enda
Em resposta à Enda Lee

por Janne Mikkonen -
Open htmlarea.php and comment out or remove lines:

if ( function_exists('ob_gzhandler') ) {
    ob_start("ob_gzhandler");
}

After that clean your browser cache. Could you also provide more information about this:

1. Does it happen all around in your installation ( forums, resources etc ) or just in one module?
  2. PHP version
  3. Server platform (*nix or Windows)

- Janne -
Em resposta à Janne Mikkonen

por Enda Lee -
I tried that when I discovered the warning and the editor displayed again. However I'm confused as to why this problem just appeared now.

I tried installing Moodle from scrach, rather than just upgrading and the result was the same.

The problem occurs in all modules which use the editor.

My server platform is Redhat Enterprise Linux AS4 with PHP 4.39. I also have Turck MMCache installed.

Em resposta à Enda Lee

por venkatesan iyengar -
I too have similar problem. I even updated htmlarea.php from cvs, but no success.

Any solution
Em resposta à venkatesan iyengar

por venkatesan iyengar -
When I replaced all the files in \editor folder from my localhost testing server (Moodle 1.5.2 + (2005060222)), the html editor is visible and seems to be working well. I do not know what could be problem in Moodle 1.5.2 + (2005060224) version. For others benefit I'm attaching my editor zip file.

por Chris Judson -
I too am still having this problem. I've upgraded to most recent build and even tried the editor.zip from venkatesan, and still no pretty tool bar like the one I am seeing on this site. (I've tried the site with Firefox and Opera to no avail).

My web hosting place just upgraded their PHP to 4.4.1 recently and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Em resposta à Chris Judson

por Alice Kupara -
I am having the same HTML editor problem. Dont know were the tool bar has disappeared to. I have checked the configuration bit and all is set properly.Does anyone know any html code I can use to inset images, video or sound files???

Esta postagem no fórum foi removida

O conteúdo desta postagem no fórum foi removido e não pode mais ser acessado.
Em resposta à Enda Lee

por Vaclav Friedrich (aka Vicq) -
I've the same problem. After installing Moodle 1.52 upgrade we cannot use WYSIWIG HTML editor in Opera and Firefox - only plain text is available and HTML code is displayed instead of rich formatted text. The only chance to use advantages of full HTML editor with buttons in upper area is using M$ Internet Explorer (or using external WYSIWIG HTML editor and copying HTML code via clipboard into Moodle editor window).

I think that HTML editor make wrong detection of Opera or Firefox viewers but I cannot find which part of PHP code is responsible for this recognition.

triste