Windows complete install 3.1.3 - Debug info: MySQL server has gone away

Windows complete install 3.1.3 - Debug info: MySQL server has gone away

by Jeff Martin -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

I am having trouble during the install process when I get passed the copyright info page I then get the following error which I cannot get passed.  I had previously got the 3.1.2 version of this to install - For context I have just swapped out the primary boot disk from the pc I am using as I am want to set the pc up as a dedicated server for playing with moodle and I am totally stuck

Jeff

Error writing to database

More information about this error

It is usually not possible to recover from errors triggered during installation, you may need to create a new database or use a different database prefix if you want to retry the installation.

× Debug info: MySQL server has gone away
INSERT INTO mdl_capabilities (name,captype,contextlevel,component,riskbitmask) VALUES(?,?,?,?,?)
[array (
0 => 'moodle/site:deleteanymessage',
1 => 'write',
2 => 10,
3 => 'moodle',
4 => 32,
)]
Error code: dmlwriteexception
× Stack trace:
  • line 477 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: dml_write_exception thrown
  • line 1172 of \lib\dml\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 1218 of \lib\dml\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record_raw()
  • line 2782 of \lib\accesslib.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record()
  • line 265 of \lib\db\install.php: call to update_capabilities()
  • line 1620 of \lib\upgradelib.php: call to xmldb_main_install()
  • line 275 of \admin\index.php: call to install_core()

Before this page I did get a server check issue which was php-extension intl - should be installed and enabled for best results - intl extension is used to improve internationalisation support such as locale aware sorting but I do not think this would cause the above

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Martin

Re: Windows complete install 3.1.3 - Debug info: MySQL server has gone away

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

On the page that's shown for 'more Information about this error' there is a brief section for MySQL.  Solution might be max_allowed_packet setting in MySQL:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=230681#p1001751

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Jeff Martin -

Thanks for you response - I am going to a meeting now and so will have to attempt this tomorrow

Jeff

In reply to Jeff Martin

by Jeff Martin -

Hi - FIXED

Came back on a new day and started again and the problem is that I was trying to do the install from a second pc communicating to the Moodle Server.   As soon as I performed the install on the actual Moodle server itself everything worked.

Maybe obvious if you are technical but I am pushing my IT skill set to do the site admin side - thankfully I am documenting things for the future as I learn

Thanks again for your suggestion

Jeff