Beginner at work - help me...

Beginner at work - help me...

by Maria Gloria Borsa -
Number of replies: 4

timidoHi everybody!

I'm a total beginner with Moodle...

I've been trying to make the Hot Potatoes module but nothing happened...

I'm sorry to ask silly things, but I have quite an amount of Hot Potatoes files created by my students in a project and I wish I could upload them in Moodle for use in the future.

I also have a few exercises I created myself, but there apparently is not a way for me to make them work in Moodle...

Can someone be so patient to help me through the process? Or can you just please, please, please redirect me somewhere I can find the instructions?

(I have already created a directory called hotpot inside moodle/mod and moved all the files into it - including the db folder. I did edit the version.php file in moodle/mod/hotpot and changed the date to current date - but nothing happened anywhere in my Moodle)

Thanks,

Maria Gloria

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maria Gloria Borsa

Re: Beginner at work - help me...

by Timothy Takemoto -
login as admin and go to the admin page.
make sure that the module is turned on from the admin/modules page.
Hotpot is now standard, but it is not turned on in the standard release.
Tim

by Paola Pippia -
Sorry for my answer in Italian!

Ciao Maria Gloria,

hai attivato il modulo?
In amministrazione ---> configurazione ---> gestione moduli ---> apri l'occhietto e... il modulo si attiverà! Auguri e buon lavoro!
Paola

In reply to Paola Pippia

by Maria Gloria Borsa -

Paola aiuto!!! (sorry for my Italian...)

Non c'è proprio nessuna traccia di Hot Potatoes nella Gestione moduli purtroppo... Quindi nemmeno l'occhietto da aprire... L'ho cercato mille volte...

mixed Cosa devo fare?

by Paola Pippia -
Maria Gloria, my English is not very good. It's difficult for me to respond to you in English.
Can we move this discussion to the Piazza Italia Forum? Ok?

Maria Gloria, che dici di spostare la discussione nel forum di Piazza Italia?
Risolveremo il problema... stai sicura... Intanto quale versione di Moodle hai installato?
Ci vediamo lì, in Italia... Vola!
Ciao, Paola