Course Details Without Login

Course Details Without Login

by Rachana Sree -
Number of replies: 5
Hi everyone.....!

I am new to moodle. I would like to display the details of the course at the front page of the site before user/student login in to the site. Here the details of the course is nothing but how many number of chapters, in those chapters how many number of lessons,assignments and activities present in the particular course. I think it will helps a lot to the user/student before taking the course. And also it looks simple to analyse the course.

If anyone know please help me........i am waiting for your reply......

Thank u

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rachana Sree

Re: Course Details Without Login

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

If you are thinking of course descriptions as on http://school.demo.moodle.net/course/index.php?categoryid=2 then you can add them in course summary field in your course settings.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Rachana Sree -

Thanks for your reply Helen Foster,

Yes,  already done but it is the  static way we have to count the how many chapters ,lessons and assignments in the particular course. Suppose, a teacher add an extra topic in a course, in those count of the lessons, assignments are  increased then there is no use of representing in that way we have to continuously updating the course summary (more burden). Any dynamic way is there to show the count of the lessons as well as chapters/topics in the front page of the site before login.

Thanks

Attachment Capture.PNG
In reply to Rachana Sree

by Kiran Derle -
Hi Rachana,

Have you found any solution to this?

Regards,

Kiran

In reply to Kiran Derle

by Rachana Sree -

Yes.....Kiran.,

I designed this like a curriculam...like this...

Regard's

rachana

In reply to Rachana Sree

by Mihir J -

HI Rachana

Without doing any customisation, it will not be dynamic.

You can write a course renderer inside your theme. In that course renderer you can write logic to dynamically find out the number of lessons, details, etc and then display it in your coursebox.

But as i said, it requires programming.

thanks!

Mihir