Several improvements in the Plugins directory UI landed today, mostly affecting the plugins maintainers.
- The plugin fields Full description, Bug tracker URL, Source control URL and Screenshots are now finally marked and validated as required when editing the plugin record. These fields have been de facto required for some time now as we have insisted on them before approving the plugin (MDLSITE-4203).
- We are introducing a new "Developer zone" page available for the plugin maintainers and the directory curators. This page will serve as a main dashboard providing access to various plugin maintenance related tasks - such as releasing a new version. For the start, the plugin editing and version releasing buttons were moved from the plugin header into it. In the future, more functionality will be added into this page.
Additionally, some little bugs were fixed too.
- When displaying plugins matching the given keyword, the front page now orders results by sites as a secondary criterion.
- Fixed incorrect categorisation of certain plugins as "other".
- Some small improvements in overall layout and design of the UI (font-awesome icons and others).