Site Backup - moodledata directories

Re: Site Backup - moodledata directories

by Ken Task -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

cache directory will rebuild as users login - click around - admin does stuff.

localcache is supposed to do the same thing.   The only reason I said any thing about maybe including the localcache is what it contains .... theme stuff.   Recent postings have indicated that some users have had issues with the site rendering *after* the upgrade.   That's theme - issues with YUI (Yahoo Libraries) combo loading, etc..   Since localcache isn't that large so that's why I suggested one might include that directory.   Have read in here somewhere Moodle is moving a way from YUI libraries (Yahoo has already said they are no longer updating/improving, I've read.   So that's a wise move ... just that moving away evidently has to be done gradually.)

4.4M    ./localcache isn't a lot.

Don't think you'll find any 'official moodle docs' on what's minimal backup of moodledata - cept the emphasis on filedir ... which everyone should know by now needs to match what one has in the DB for the site.   Filedir *cannot* be rebuilt from the meta data in the DB.

How fast/accurate can a cache be built?   Dunno ... at first the site will appear to be slower ... until cache builds up.

Of course you are free to do as you think appropriate (we are all in the boat!!!!) ... and I'm certainly NOT the last word on the topic. ;)

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)