Changing to OpenID authentication with csv

Changing to OpenID authentication with csv

by Stephen McConnachie -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, sorry if this exists I've tried searching the forums (and googling): We have around 1600 users that we want to change to OpenID Connect authentication for Office 365. Some are currently manual, most are LDAP. I tried to change this for a couple of dummy users using a csv file which had two fields: 

username auth
dummy1 openid

When I go in and check, however, dummy1 is still set to manual. The csv upload summary still says "manual" too. 

My questions: 

1. Am I using the right csv fields? 
  2. If so, is "openid" the correct variable for the "auth" field? I can't find any list online of acceptable variables for this field. If anyone has such a list, I would be much obliged...
  3. if so, do you have any suggestion as to why it didn't change the user's authentication method? 

Side note: The Office 365 connection is correctly configured in Moodle and Azure; the manual connection works just fine and provides access to Office365 services from within Moodle. Also, if I manually change a user to openid then it all works fine and they can authenticate in Office365 to get Moodle access. I just can't get the csv to work. 

Thanks
Stephen

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen McConnachie

Re: Changing to OpenID authentication with csv

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Did you select to update existing accounts in the upload csv page?  On the preview page, does it throw any errors?

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Changing to OpenID authentication with csv

by Stephen McConnachie -

Yup I did select that but no errors - I found the problem, the correct variable is "oidc" not "openid" if anyone else is stuck on the same issue! 

If anyone has the full list of variables for the "auth" field, that would be useful to have somewhere on the web. smile