by Ross MacBeath -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Mary

A rather belated post on this topic, I have worked through the FAQ and it works great.  I have however found what I think is an issue using Moodle 3.12 and as I am new to the whole the reporting issues and realising 3.2 is imminent.  I though I would check with you first.

When a page break is used and all fields are required it is impossible to navigate (using the previous button) back to the first page without filling in the required fields of the second page.

This creates some confusion particularly when using conditional fields on the second page based on field content on the first page, made worse if the user has chose the wrong answer on the first page and cannot understand why the field expected does not appear on the second page.

If any of that makes sense?

Thanks

Ross

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ross MacBeath

Re: Feedback activity - guest role

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Ross. Is this with a guest user or any user? (Looking at the title of this thread, it's about guest users)

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Feedback activity - guest role

by Ross MacBeath -

Hi Mary

I working with Guest feedback and that's where it became apparent, but it fails with authenticated users in the same way. 

I came across what may be a second issue with guest access to feedbacks.

problem 1

A guest fills in the first page of a feedback and proceeds to a second page.

It appears Moodle saves the first page entries to the feedback table linked to the guest account.

The guest either cancels the feedback, navigates to another page or closes moodle without saving the feedback.

When another guest accesses moodle the previous guests entries are visible to them.

Even after closing moodle  and clearing history and cookies.

The information seems to be getting stored with the guest account rather than an anonymous feedback.

It would seem moodle is treating the guest user as a standard authenticated user by allowing them to continue where they last left the feedback.

Problem 2

An extension of the original issue unable to navigate forward or backward through page breaks if there are required fields.

When the second guest is presented with the entries of a previous guest who has aborted their multi page feedback where required fields are present on all or some pages.

Being unable to navigate forward or back through pages to clear the other guests entries forces them to abort the feedback, possibly rendering all future feedbacks of this instance unlikely unless some bright spark works out what's going on. 

I have tried this on several feedbacks and the fault is reproducible.

Many Thanks  Ross

In reply to Ross MacBeath

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi again. I've split your thread to make it clearer what the discussion is about and to see if we can get other experiences on here. For myself, I would expect that if another guest starts an unfinished feedback, the previous guest entries are available to them, but let's see what others think.