Prevent viewing quiz feedback on a per-user basis

Prevent viewing quiz feedback on a per-user basis

by Karla Montgomery -
Number of replies: 2

Hello!

I work at an organization that runs asynchronous courses, so at any one time we have students active in all sections of our courses. We use Moodle 3.0.  The issue we are trying to solve is trying to prevent individual students from viewing quiz feedback on attempt 1, when a second attempt is opened.

Problem with using a user override with a specific time limit is that some of the assignments that have been built using the quiz tool are quite lengthy, with the thought that the student will work on the assessment over several weeks as they work through the course content, therefore if we give student X a second attempt, they have access to all of the feedback and in some cases all of the correct answers, so as they complete their second attempt they can just get all of the answers from the first attempt.  As an organization we would like to move away from deleting student work, so yes, deleting attempt 1 would solve the problem, but as an organization we would like to refrain from deleting student work.

Is there a way to give a student a second attempt and stop them from viewing the feedback on the first attempt.

Thank you in advance for your help, and please let me know if I need clarify anything smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karla Montgomery

Re: Prevent viewing quiz feedback on a per-user basis

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You can't prevent this. Worse case they could take a photo of the feebdack from attempt 1 on their phone, while the feedback is available, and then refer to it later.

Best protection against this sort of things is not to ask identical questions of every student in every attempt. Have pools of similar questions, and use randomisation.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Prevent viewing quiz feedback on a per-user basis

by Karla Montgomery -

Yep, totally agree and I am in the midst of an instructional design project in which I am heavily relying of randomization and variables, however I have several colleagues who do not have this aspect in their courses.  I am hopeful that somewhere out there, someone will have a solution that we have not contemplated to solve our dilemma. Thanks for your reply smile