MapleTA question import format

MapleTA question import format

by Christopher Sangwin -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm in the process of converting MapleTA questions into a format which can be run in native Moodle.  This will probably end up as a combination of Moodle multiple choice and STACK questions.  The import will only be partial, and the resulting questions will still need a lot of editing, but much of the tedious copy and paste will be eliminated.  E.g. question names, and question text will be imported and place in the right Moodle question fields, ready for a human author to edit.

Would anyone else value this work?  If so, I'll consider working this up into a Moodle plugin (currently have only skeleton PHP scripts I'm planning to be a one off use!).  If someone else would like to collaborate and help develop this then so much the better.  Please feel free to message me off the list as you prefer.

Chris

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Christopher Sangwin

Re: MapleTA question import format

by Christopher Sangwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

We have recently converted a very large number of MapleTA questions to STACK and in the process make significant improvements to the automatic converter.

Complete conversion will be impossible, especially since questions authors write Maple code which takes advantage of lots of special functions etc.  So some hand-editing will always be needed to convert the questions.  However, this script has done a lot for us.  If anyone else has legacy materials to convert I'd be happy to help them do so, including extending the converter as needed.