User can't login: Cannot find data record in database table external_functions

User can't login: Cannot find data record in database table external_functions

by Shao Chen -
Number of replies: 8

Hi, 

Admin can login the mobile app, but users can't,  it first gives an error: "Cannot find data record in database table external_functions". Please help.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shao Chen

Re: User can't login: Cannot find data record in database table external_functions

by Praveen Chamarthi -

HI,

When user login Mobile app it will generate token.

may be permission issue, please check users has permission to generate tokens.

Thanks,

Praveen.C

In reply to Praveen Chamarthi

Re: User can't login: Cannot find data record in database table external_functions

by Shao Chen -

Thanks, John,

I checked user permission, moodle/webservice:createmobiletoken: allow, moodle/webservice:createtoken: allow. What other permissions could I miss? The error exists with or without moodle mobile additional services.

Best,

In reply to Shao Chen

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

please, check the FAQ: https://docs.moodle.org/en/Mobile_Moodle_FAQ

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Shao Chen -

Hi, Juan,

Thanks for the reply. I did go through the FAQ, and couldn't find the error message that relates my problem. This is what I did:

1. enabled mobile web service from admin-web service -mobile

2. add moodle/webservice:createtoken capability for the authenticated user

When a user login, it first gives the error:  Cannot find data record in database table external_functions, then the error: "login invalid, please try again".

I then installed Moodle Mobile Additional Features since we are using the Joomdle, I would like to use the default setting "app login" , but still gives the same errors.  Please help.

Thanks.

In reply to Shao Chen

by Shao Chen -

Very strange, when I dig deep, I found that the user actually already login the moodle site, but the app couldn't display the moodle app page instead of displaying the login error page. 

In reply to Juan Leyva

by ling yang -

I have same problem When any user tries to log into our Moodle site using the Moodle Mobile app, they get a message that says "Can not find data record in database table external_functions."

I have tried many of the other suggestions but still cannot login by APP. I am not sure what I need to try next.

Attachment 20170302153454.png
Attachment 20170302153607.png
In reply to ling yang

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

sorry for the delay in answering. Can you please send us a test account to mobile@moodle.com?

Thank you,

Dani