A few suggestions

A few suggestions

by Dr. Ali Abureesh -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Translators

First of all, I hope I'm writing this in the right forum!

I've some suggestions I hope to see them in Moodle. If I know how to them I would have done so, but I can't make a head or tail of programing. I know how to use and just play around with coding. I wish to see the following features:
1- a global Printer Friendly function similar to the one in Glossary.
2- Now there are four type of users excluding Guest: Admin, course creator, teacher, student. I think there should be two extra: Grader and TA.
3- At the student level, I think there should be other opetions; example, audit for students who are just auditing the course; another choice for those who have dropped the course.
4- This is a question that I would like to know how to: Who to add other Special character to the Insert Special Character area, for example IPA symbols are needed in the field of Linguistics.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dr. Ali Abureesh

Re: A few suggestions

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It's probably better to split these up into different discussions with meaningful subject lines ... general lists like this get lost ...

2. There is actually a fifth level - teachers can be editing or non-editing, so I guess a non-editing teacher is really a "grader" and a "ta".

3. Is "audit" not the same as "guest"?

Status as "ex-student" is a good idea. I would also like to see roles like "parent",

The idea long term is to expose all the various capabilities in the system as a big list, and let the admin create their own roles by selecting capabilities from the list and giving it a name. Users are then assigned to these roles.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: A few suggestions

by Dr. Ali Abureesh -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Translators
Thanks Martin for replying to this. I've suggested these because I would wish to see moodle as the best CMS/LMCS in the world.