Is this layout achievable?

Is this layout achievable?

by Andy Chaplin -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

I'm using Moodle 3.1 with the current Morecandy theme and the Grid Format to display my courses.  Many Units have a similar layout as shown below and I'm guessing that quite a few people have a similar strategy.

I usually have a video introduction (or sometimes an image and text).  The issue is the regular activities and resources that belong in most units . maybe a forum, a glossary or other things which aren't linked to a specific activity within the unit.  What I'd like to achieve is something like shown below:

Here, these general activities/resources are moved up into the dead space next to the video which frees up more screen real estate for the core activities.

What I don't know is if this is a course format issue, or whether it could be achieved with a plugin?  Does anyone know of such a thing or could point me in the right direction?  there are bootstrap elements which would do this really elegantly and would be responsive as well, but the issue seems to me to be placing the activities in these elements.

Any ideas?

Andy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Chaplin

Re: Is this layout achievable?

by David Herney -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Andy...

you can use "templates" on the Onetopic or Menutopic formats to use bootstrap elements and organice the resources. You can define the layout in both formats with a html.

Saludos
Average of ratings: Useful (1)