3.1 no loginas for site administrators wanting to loginas managers

3.1 no loginas for site administrators wanting to loginas managers

by Diane Soini -
Number of replies: 1

On our 2.8 moodle my account is listed under site admins. When I go to view a user profile of someone who is a Manager, I can see a loginas link on their profile page and login as that person. We are currently upgrading to 3.1 and have an instance that we've upgraded in place but I no longer see the loginas link on the same Manager user's profile.

Is this deliberate?

The code used to check if the user had loginas capability for the course context but now it is checking if I have it for the course or system context. Why do I not have it for the system context if my account has been added as a site administrator?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Diane Soini

Re: 3.1 no loginas for site administrators wanting to loginas managers

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Diane,

You should still see a 'Log in as' link on the manager's profile page in Moodle 3.1, the same as in 2.8. You can check on the sandbox demo site by logging in as admin and viewing the manager's profile page - https://demo.moodle.net/user/profile.php?id=5.