Trouble with embedded video

Trouble with embedded video

av Whitney Lowe -
Antal svar: 2

I can't seem to get embedded video clips to play in the book module pages I have created. I tried two different methods. 

1. uploaded the video clip to my private files and then embedded it in the book page. It shows up great on my desktop system but doesn't play on my iPad.

2. Tried to link to the video on my vimeo account by just making a link from text. I get the message from Moodle that the embedded video won't play. 

Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Genomsnitt av betyg: -
Som svar till Whitney Lowe

Re: Trouble with embedded video

av AL Rachels -
Bild på Core developers Bild på Particularly helpful Moodlers Bild på Plugin developers Bild på Testers

Hi Whitney,

Do you have your multimedia filter turned on? You can check at Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Filters > Manage filters.

Getting videos to play in Moodle on an iPad quite often can be frustrating. Just yesterday I was trying to do that and my iPad refuses to play the video which was created on the iPad!

My best success ratio has always come when using the vimeo and youtube filter bundles for the Generico filter. If you don't have Generico installed, and you want to be an early (end of Nov) Moodle 3.2 adopter, I just noticed with the latest git hub update this morning that there are going to be some new multimedia players included.

Som svar till AL Rachels

Re: Trouble with embedded video

av Whitney Lowe -

Hi Al:

Thanks for that information and that is quite helpful. I think I may just find a way to link out to Vimeo clips outside of Moodle where I don't have to worry about these multimedia filters. 

Thanks again!

Whitney